Actions are mini-tasks that can modify data in your app.
In the Slideshow view, a button is shown for each action in your app. When the button is tapped, the action is triggered.
In the Table, Deck, and Gallery views, actions can be applied in bulk.
To use bulk actions:
1. Enter selection-mode by pressing the select button on a Table, Deck, or Gallery view that has one or more actions (Data > Actions in the editor) or that allows users to delete records. You can alternately long-press any row to enter selection-mode.
2. Once in selection mode, tap on some rows to select them. As you select rows, actions will appear on the top right corner of the screen. Note: only actions that are valid for all selected rows will appear.
3. Finally, tap an action to update all the selected rows. If the app has delayed sync enabled, the changes will be queued, otherwise a sync will be triggered.
Actions can be added in the Data > Actions part of the editor.
Actions are made up of the following:
Name: The text shown by the action button
Icon: The icon shown in the action button
Table: The table that this action applies to
Condition: (optional) The action will only be shown if this expression results in a "true" value. If left blank the action will always be shown.
Type: What will happen when the action is triggered
Other: Depending on the type, other options will be available.
Set or update the value of a field on the row.
Column: The column to be updated when the action is triggered
Value: The value to set the column to when the action is triggered. This can be an expression to compute the value that will be run at the time the action is triggered.
- Marking a task as complete
- Updating a ticket priority
- Assigning a record to someone
- Adding or subtracting a number
- Setting a date or time to the current time
- Setting a Lat/Long column to HERE()
Check out the Maintenance Overview app for an example.
Navigate to a URL of your choosing.
NavigateTarget: The URL to navigate to when the action is triggered. This can be an expression to compute the URL that will be run at the time the action is triggered.
- Google searching a value from the row: CONCATENATE("https://google.com/search?q=", [Search Column Name])
Open another AppSheet app, or go to another view in the current app.
NavigateTarget: The App to navigate to when the action is triggered. This can be an expression to compute the App at the time the action is triggered. This uses the same structure as the App field type