Test your WebHook with RequestBin
You may wish to use a service like RequestBin to debug your HTTP post action. To use RequestBin, go to http://requestb.in, create a "RequestBin", and copy the target URL they generate into the workflow URL. Every time the workflow rule successfully fires, data is sent to the RequestBin service and you can observe what was sent.
Troubleshooting your Webhook with Audit History
You can use Audit History to troubleshoot Webhook workflow problems.
Do this as follows:
- Open your application in the AppSheet Editor.
- Go to the Manage>Monitor tab and click "Audit Records". Then click "Fetch audit records".
- Look for audit records with an "Action" value of "Run workflow".
- Click the "Details" icon to see the outcome of the workflow rule.
- If the workflow rule did not invoke the Webhook, the Details give the reason for this.
- If you see "Result": "Success" at the end of the audit record, then AppSheet successfully posted the Webhook JSON body to the Webhook URL.