You can use a workflow rule with a WebHook action to post to any web service on the internet. This is a powerful way to integrate your AppSheet app with a variety of popular services like Zapier, Slack, Twitter, Twilio, and IFTTT among others.
To use a WebHook:
- Set up a developer account with the remote web service, such as Twilio. The web service will normally provide three pieces of information:
- A URL endpoint
- Authentication information. This may be a token or username/password.
- A REST API. This describes the JSON payload to be sent to the URL endpoint via an HTTP POST message to invoke a specific action.
- Create a workflow rule in your AppSheet app. Choose a WebHook action for the rule. Configure the WebHook action using the information received from the remote web service.
- The authentication information is typically sent in the Headers of the WebHook.
- The JSON payload data is typically sent in the Body of the WebHook
- Use Expressions to dynamically construct the parameters to the URL, and the Body based on the input to the workflow rule.
- If the webservice you are connecting to restricts access by IP address, you will need to configure it to accepts traffic from the ip address 18.104.22.168